Juvenile Detention Center
The mission of the Chaves County Juvenile Detention Center is to provide safe and secure detention in a healthy environment for juveniles pending disposition and placement. Working with other community agencies and volunteers, we emphasize educational services, faith-based services and life skills development for the juveniles, while providing excellent customer service to the public and all participating agencies.
PREA Certificate of Compliance
Regulations & Requirements
- Incoming personal property: no incoming personal property will be accepted.
- Releasing property: Property may be picked up Monday - Friday from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Haircuts: Haircuts are offered twice a month, compliments of The Church on The Move.
- Bonding: Per law, juveniles cannot be bonded out and can only be released by the court or their JPO.
- Medication: This facility will notify parents to come in and sign a Medical Consent Form. This form is necessary in order for the facility to treat your juvenile for headaches, injuries, etc. If your juvenile is on medication please notify us and bring in the medication. Please let us know if there are any other medical problems.
The following questions are not permitted to be answered due to security:
- When is my child getting out?
- When is my child going to court?
- When will my child be transported?