Visits from family members, friends, and professionals are beneficial to both the inmate and the Chaves County Detention Center. Visiting provides the inmate with the means by which he/she can keep in contact with his/her family members and professionals to help cope with personal and legal problems. Consequently, visiting helps to reduce the tension and anxiety of confinement.
Up to two adults who are on the inmate’s visitation list and up to three children are allowed at any of the scheduled visitation times. The inmate is allowed two visits per week.
Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
The following rules will apply to anyone visiting an inmate incarcerated at the Chaves County Adult Detention Center:
- Visitors 18 years of age or older must present a picture ID and must be on the inmate's visitation list.
- Visitors must sign up in the lobby prior to visiting.
- Visitors will wear appropriate clothing. Visitors wearing revealing clothing will be refused.
- No cell phones, purses, backpacks, photographs, or tape recordings will be allowed.
- The visitor will conduct him or herself in an orderly manner.
- Visitors not complying with the visitation rules can be restricted from future visitation and cause the inmate to lose visitation privileges.
- No person or persons can enter the visitation booth without prior authorization (sign-up).
- All visitors are subject to search while on the premises.